Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So nausiated and emotional...is it withdrawls from effexor?? still 4 mobnths later?

sooo, i just had my gallbladder removed, i had several gallstones. they say that's what was probably making me sick. well, it's out, i'm still nausious. i'm thinking of any other options--could it be the antidepressant Effexor I was taking? I've read some on that..that nausiousness has been bad since my bout w/ that.and i can get extremely upset and irrated. If it is the Effexor, how long do these side effects last?? it's been a good 4 months since i stopped. when i stopped, i weaned taking pills every other day for a week or two, then cold turkey. i was on 75 mg/day. another thing.the nausioussness is like a gaggy feeling in the back of my throat, i don't usually feel like i'm going to be sick, but no appetite and that feeling.any suggestions or experiences, let me know..so tired of it.
Answer:
I was on effexor and when I finally came off them, I was ill for a little while but not 4 months later! I weaned right down and even broke the capsules apart (not recommended unless you know what yr doing).

I doubt it would be from withdrawls still.. Go and see your GP..

Good luck!

(good on you for coming off the meds.. hope you feel better these days. I know I do)
Effexor is one of the worst drugs to come off of if not assisted by a doc.
Effexor is one of the worst drugs to get off of and I have heard of it taking months to overcome all of the side effects. I have known people who had to cut their tablets into 1/4's and wean themselves very gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net