Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should I really spend money on exercise equipment or just be happy with how I am?

I am a mother of 4 children and 5'2" tall. I weigh 155 pounds and feeling pretty fat... :(
Answer:
ok im 12 and i weigh 7 pounds less then that!!(ya i know im way over weight)your fine just be happy with who you are!
If you want to exercise, go for it. It definitely can't hurt...and it WILL strengthen your heart, your muscles, and it will increase your lung capacity.

If you're willing to share your height %26 weight, you're already one step better than me! And yes...I have some exercise equipment, but you know what my fav exercise is?!? Walking my dogs!

I once heard...
If you want to exercise, get a dog. He'll take over the entire treatment.

So ... there's my advice! :-)
You should exercise, though probably spending a lot of money isn't the answer. Just another commercialization gimmick.
It's all up to you, if you think your overweight you can, or you can save your money by exercising or going on simple daily walks. Ask your kids to go with you, it builds self esteem and is good for you.
Pay now or pay later, that's doctor bills. Plus your 4 kids will need you around for them, do something about it while you can
hey from a fellow "short" gal, I know how you feel. I'm not at 155 lbs but still have health stuff and do need to exercise. My opinion is this, I think if you find a good deal on some usable exercise equipment, not just that exercise bike which will become a new coat hanger! ;o) But something you AND your kids can use, maybe a treadmill, some of those mini hand weights, they come in a set i think and go from maybe 2 pounds to 10 lbs, an exercise bike, or one of those step things. You and your kids can start making daily or weekly exercise a fun and regular thing.

You can be happy with how you are, but I've learned recently exercise really needs to become regular and not "something you have to do". Find something you know you will want to do and get it and get your kids involved. Put on some fun music and everyone can do five or ten sit up's they can help each other. It's spring now, go to a local park or a track and start walking. I think it would be fun for everyone.
It's worth the cost in the long run because you will be healthy and feel better about yourself. But don't go out and spend money on something you will use once a month. You need to be committed to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net