Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should I still use the pill or stop using it?

okay, I this is my first time on the pill I started spotting on Thursday and been spotting ever since. I have not had unprotected sex and did get my last menstrual period. I took a hpt and came back negative and did it with my first morning urine. I heard this is common for the first three months but I am scared the pill is not working for me. any advice I have not had any side effects just the spotting:)
Answer:
I've been using the pill for a year now. Spotting between periods is normal, but if you feel it is something else then go straight to your gyn doctor (or just call) and let her know your worries.

I doubt you are pregnant, but if you still feel unsure you don't have to worry about the pill killing it. The pill will NOT cause any harm in pregnant women, they stop taking it simply because they dont need it anymore.

Continue taking the pill and call/visit your doctor and let them know whats going on. They are professionals that have extensive knowledge about your health and womens health in general. They will help you more than anyone else will.


The following link is to The Pill site, they have a FAQ section that should help you:: http://www.thepill.com/html/ppil/about.j...
You have to call the obgyn. They might prescribe a different pill with a different dose of estrogen.
Stay on the pill for another month. Spotting is natural. If it continues after one month, see your gynecologist.

P.S. your profile says you are a male...
I wouldn't stop just yet. This is fairly common for first timers. Make sure you take the pill the same time every day to help minimize the chances of this happening. I would give it until the second month and see how it goes and if you are still spotting then a call to your doctor might be in order to see about possibly changing to another pill.
Keep using it. During the first few months you might have break through bleeding, usually just some spotting. If you start bleeding like a normal period or worse between periods then I WOULD go see the ob. It is completely normal to have a little break through bleeding when first starting a new method. I have used both the pills and depo and had break through bleeding until my body got use to it. The pills made me sick to my stomach so I stopped using them. Hope this was some help.
It's really common to spot. If you are still spotting after a month, though, you need to go back to your doctor and ask for a different brand. Each brand of BC is different, and sometimes you may have to try several brands before you find one that works well for you. However, some spotting will occur regardless.
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net