Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should I switch docs or just wait it out?

I've been having period problems since August 2006. Every 14 days apart for 8-9 days long without birth control pills. There is definately something wrong somewhere, but my gyn isn't doing anything to find out. He's just covering up the problem with birth control, not solving it. I had some bloodwork done on Match 1 and my gyn said that some of my hormone levels were higher than normal. Had them retested to make sure, and he came up with the came conclusion. My prolactin was at 26.6, a little higher than normal but nothing to worry about he said, and at the same time my FSH/LH levels were tested. They came back FSH-21.6/LH-73.1 when the normal is about FSH-10.2/LH-12.5 in the follicular phase (right after your period) It was taken only 3 days after my period. My doc hasn't said anything since, and that was 2 months ago. I'm going in Tuesday for a post-op checkup and wasn't sure if those two elevated levels could be related?
Answer:
definetley get a second opinion
switch doc 4 sure
switch dr's and good luck to you
actually it's nip it in the bud...

and I'd see a woman gyno...men often get that 'god' complex and won't help you...
I had a similar problem about 4 years ago. The only difference was my doctor kept doing these procedures on me that didn't give me any relief. Finally he told me I had to have a hysterectomy, but I was only 24 years old and that was not an option. Everyone I worked with told me I needed to get a second opinion and found a new doctor. It was the best thing I ever did. Nobody knows your body like you do, and if you feel like something is wrong, get it checked out. The sooner the better.
I would definitely switch drs right after the post-op appt. With some of those levels on tests you gave I would recommend a consultation with an endocrinologist to see if they can help give some clues to the situation, especially on the prolactin level. High prolactin levels can be a sign of problems with the pituitary gland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net