Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should I switch to menstrual cups?

(First off, this question is for actual users and people who have been, even though I shouldn't have to state that.)

I've been interested in them for a long time now. I use pads, because tampons just don't work for me, and I don't like them at all. I'm not comfortable with pads either, but I've always used them, and at least they don't cause me pain the way tampons do.

I've looked into menstrual cups as an alternative, and I like that they're reusable and catch the blood instead of absorb it the way tampons do. What I'm concerned about is the price (what's cheapest, or the kind that's most value for its price, even if it's expensive than others) and the brand to choose. There are a lot out there--what are your experiences with them and what would you recommend for a first-time user?
Answer:
I hate tampons, they dry me out. Pads make me itch too!

I keep meaning to order a diva cup (better reviews than the keeper) but always run low on cash. They are expensive, but i think the one of the cups has a money back satisfaction guarantee?

I use instead and just rinse them out for one cycle and throw it away at the end. I figure if the others are washable, why not instead? That way they don't cost an arm and a leg.

I have heard that the other cups work better than Instead. i still wear a pad with them because i bleed very heavily and they can leak when you ... flex those special muscles...;-) But I go through a lot less pads that way.

For a first-timer i would get a small box of instead (I think there is a coupon on their website) and see if you like them. If you want to take the plunge get a Diva cup!
I have never heard of this. Sounds messy.
Honestly, if you don't like to use tampons, I wouldn't suggest cups. I use tampons regularly and found the cups to be extremely uncomfortable, even after using them for a full week.

I tried the Instead kind, which are not reusable, and I'm sorry I wasted my money on them.
I have been using INSTEAD for quite a while now and I am very pleased with the performance. They are reasonally priced and are available in most drug/department stores. You cna keep them in for up to 12 hrs. (which is nice for nighttime) and you can have sex with them in and its unnoticed.
I have never heard of cups but i think they sound unhygenic and messy. Good luck though.
if you have trouble with tampons I can only see you having more trouble with the cups, they'd be even harder to get in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net