Saturday, October 31, 2009

Size 14 or zero- what's healthier?

i am 5ft 5" and a size 14.
a recent doctors appointment left me shocked! after taking my height and weight the doctor so kindly informed me that i'm actually classed as "OBESE" i couldn't believe what he was saying.
does anyone else find this absolutely rediculas?
Answer:
Yes I think that is ridiculous. I do not agree with the revised body mass index numbers.they used to be a little different. Where weighing 145 used to be ok, now they are saying you should be 125 instead. I am going through the same thing right now. I am 5' 5" and a size 10-12. I am not classified as obese, but definitely overweight. I know that I am overweight, but I am not anywhere CLOSE to being obese, and some say that I don't even look "fat".

I lost weight a few years ago, got down to 132. My family freaked out and told me that I had lost too much weight. I eventually gained some back, and now I am overweight again. It is a vicious cycle. A nurse recently told me that I should be 128 pounds, and I told her that she was wrong. I will never be 128 pounds unless I am dying. My ideal weight for my height, frame, and bone structure is 140-145. People need to take more than just height into consideration before opening their mouths.

My advice is to do what you can to be healthy, and if that includes losing a few pounds, go for it. But don't let someone tell you that you are wrong for being a size 14. If you are healthy, that is what matters. If you are not healthy, then it is time to assess your overall lifestyle and make necessary changes. Good luck!
Having gone from a size 14 to a size 5 I can safely say I am much healthier than I have ever been in my life. I wouldn't consider a 14 to be obese either, but that doesn't mean it is a healthy size. It is overweight.
no alot a people are just go to the gym as much as you can. and buy a jump rope and get to skipping on your brake at work or any time your board or when you are watching TV.
no.
i wouldnt say obese but maybe overweight.
check it out on a bmi calculator. (www.bmicalculator.com) -it can range over the weight it says by 10lbs higher or 10lbs lower.
it may be surprising but the truth can sometimes hurt.
just try exercising 1 hr each day at least.
and eat healthier.

what really matters is what you think of yourself. as long as you are happy, eat healthy, and exercises. then that is all that matters. it isnt what you look like that matters, he is just concerned with the inside of you.(heart, etc.) if you eat healthy then you are fine. but dont think you need to be a size 0. thats drastic!! your pant size doesnt really matter at all anyway. they are absurd.
plus- muscle weighs more than fat. so you might be really muscular.
No, you are not Obese because your a 5ft , so its perfectly fine. For your height , yes you are. Im not even a size zero because my generation of family was always thin. So I say your perfectly fine! Dont worry about what yu look on the outside, think about the inside. I think your doctor should never classify in people in such catergories like OBESE! Your fine the way you are. bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net