Saturday, October 31, 2009

Skipping period on the pill?

I am on the pill (yasmin) and i have skipped my last 3 periods. how many is too many to skip in a row? i only intend to skip one more but i cant imagine its healthy to skip it so often. also i dont think i will die if i do it once more? any advice?
Answer:
The pill is only one form of contraceptive, to give you an idea, I had a contraceptive implant for a year and didn't get my period once. I'm now on depo provera, the contraceptive injection that lasts for three months at a time, and you miss your periods the entire time you're on it. It's fine. You won't die! I'd be six feet under if that were the case.
Take a pregnancy test. It is possible to become pregnant while on the pill. If you have and know you are not then I would say talk to your doctor. You should be having your periods. Three is a lot to miss and it sounds like you are pregnant or having a reaction. Talk to your doctor and don't wait. If it's a problem you want to know right away.
well, you really should ask your doctor about it to be sure. they would know more about your medical history, etc. things are different for different people, so it would be best to check with them first.

that being said, I can tell you that I asked my doctor about it once because I was planning a really long trip that would have been nice to be able to not have a period during it. he told me that it would be fine to go three months without a period but that he REALLY did not recommend going longer than that. he told me that even if I was still on my trip by then, that I needed to let it come that next time.

I am not sure WHY you have skipped it for so long already, but it really isn't good to get in the habit of it. if you are just doing it because it is a pain to have one, you need to get over it and just have one. if you really have a reason, like extended travel or something, then you need to talk to your doctor and see what they have to say about it.

Anything that anyone tells you on here will only be their own experience and probably not professional advice. Again, I HIGHLY recommend talking to your doctor and going from there.
It's actually endorsed by a few dr's now to 'skip' a period with the pill by skipping the inactive tablets in row 4 of the pack. It's usually recommended for really really heavy and painful periods, so the woman doesn't have to spend 2 days in bed each month with pain, only every 3 months! If you want to take it a lifestyle choice then that's fine too, but 3 months is usually the max recommended just because the body starts getting confused and breakthrough bleeding occurs which defeats the purpose. Noit doesn't mean death but it may not completely work either!
ofcoure you will not die, but you can get pregnant .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net