Sunday, October 25, 2009

Should I take birth control to regulate my periods?

I'm 15, and I started my period when I was 12 but I haven't had a period in a year. I stopped getting it because I was really active in the summer and I lost weight. I've been to the gyneocologist already, and he said that I was at a normal weight, and all he could do was give me birth control if I wanted it. My mom doesn't want me to go on it, but I feel as if I should because all my hormones are low, and I think that is why I feel depressed for no reason sometimes. Will I still be able to get pregnant when I'm older if my period never comes back? What do you think I should do?
Answer:
If the doctor recommends you go on birth control to get your hormone levels right, that's what I'd recommend you do. Your mother is probably against birth control because she's either afraid you'll have sex, or because it's expensive. Talk with her and reassure her that you are NOT planning on being irresponsible - you just want to take care of your body. If cost is an issue, oftentimes insurance will cover part of it. Otherwise, advise her to look at is as just another necessary medical expense - kind of like antibiotics.

As for whether or not you'll be able to get pregnant if you don't get your period back... I honestly don't know. But considering that having a period indicates ovulation, it might very well be the case. Talk with your doctor again to find out. Remember, if you start birthcontrol it doesn't have to be a permanent thing - if it doesn't help you, you can always stop. Make sure your mother realizes that, too.
its up to u, i didnt get my periods for months and months, if u do decide to go on birth control , go ahead it has it UPs, my friends told me it helped clear theyre skin
birth control is a great way to regulate your period and hormones
you can try them and see if you will get regular periods =when you go off them later you will get pregnant=I don't think you will get pregnant with no period =ask the Dr or go to the library and look it up
I have the same problem u do, only i skip a few months instead of a whole year. my friend hasnt had it in 3 years. she got put on birth control and it helped for a little bit. im not really sure of the answer because i am clueless myself, all i can say is sorry and good luck...
and i think you should try birth control, if you dont like it you culd always stop, but remeber it usually takes 1-3 months for effectiveness against pregnancy (even tho that has nothing to do with ur situation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net