Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sleeping pills and Ruptured Membranes?

I was prescribed it because of trouble sleeping during my last weeks of pregnanct because of constant contractions. I finally decided to take one last night because I could NOT sleep. Anyway, I took it around midnight and I still feel it in my system. I can barely keep my eyes open still. Is it supposed to be in my system this long?

NEXT QUESTION:When your water breaks and you don't realize it because the amount is so small that you are leaking, do you eventually start getting contractions on your own. The reason I ask is because I'm 37 weeks and I've been having constant contractions since Sunday every 2-3 minutes. I was sent home from the hospital 3 times because nothing is changing with my cervix. This morning when I woke up I noticed that my panties were a little wet and there was a line of fluid from the middle of my panties to the back. I was laying on my back. I took a shower and I still feel a lot of wetness down there but not a flow. Will my contractions get stronger
Answer:
If you feel that you are leaking, and it is more than just discharge, see your doctor! You might have a pinhole in your water, and if that is the case, you will be induced and have your baby! It isn't safe to stay at home with a hole in your water, opens you up to infection! Better safe than sorry!! Good luck!
If you are leaking you should go to the hospital and they will give you a piece of paper to test the fluid in your panties...this is to see if it is amniotic fluid. go go go! contractions can take a wile to kick in...up to 24 hrs. If you have not had the child by then they will probably give you drugs to jump start labor.how exciting! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net