Saturday, October 31, 2009

Smoking and pregnancy?

my first pregnancy i quit for about half of it. but this time its harder..i quit fr a month and im at it again. for the last 3 days ive cut way down. would a ciggerette b4 i go to bed once a day be as bad?
Answer:
I smoked before my I became pregnant, a pack a day.
It was incredible hard, but I did it. I still miss smoking but for her I wont start!
It is soooo bad for your baby. It TRIPLES the chance of SIDS.

I knew, once I looked into my babys eyes that I could never forgive myself for hurting her in any way.

I understand it is tough, but not impossible, there is no excuse. You can do it. In my opinion, a cigarette before bed is totally uneccessary you might as well jsut quit.

Im not trying to hurt your feeling, just being totally honest here,
when my neighbor downstairs didnt quit smoking and had the occasional drink. I have no respect for her for that and I think what kind of mother is she going to be if she disregards her childs welfare before it is born? Sorry, but now you know what people are thinking and not saying.
She had major problems during her delivery and almost lost her baby :( He still may be a special needs child (only 2 weeks old) I bet she asked herself if her actions contributed to the childs condition negatively. I would not want to be in that position.
Im a smoker, so I understand your craving here. I would think it wouldnt be as bad as 20 per day.my doc told me that to quit cold turkey will put the baby into withdraw as well, so gradually wein yourself from it, and if you cant quit, then at least slow down as much as you can...good luck...god bless
While it's best to completely quit smoking, ANY cutting down of smoking would be helpful. Good luck with that!
Any smoking at all effects the baby, but being a pack-a-day smoker I know exactly how you feel. It took me until my 4th month of pregnancy to completely quit, after that, the smell of smoke made me sick. Then 5 months later, back to smoking.

I knew a girl in HS who smoked a lot, purposely, to make her baby smaller so it wouldn't hurt so bad pushing it out. That made me want to kill people like her.

It's good to see you're worried about the effects of smoking, and it's so easy for non-smokers to say "Just quit!" One cigarette a day is very reasonable and shouldn't cause any perminate damage at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Skipping Period © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net